Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 19:16:24 -0500
Hi All,

Well been some kind of day for me, let me tell you.  And I will!!

Needed my car serviced, had no air.  So I thought I would drop it off on a
day that I had to take in the ferts for surgeries.

First the ferrets.  Miss Stella and Miss Delilah were both adrenal but came
through their surgeries doing pretty well.  Miss DD lost a little more
blood (1.5 cc's) than my vet was happy with so the vet told me to take
extra special care of her.  Both are awake and po'ed at me already.  A cute
aside, when I called to check on them Miss DD was done already and the girl
answering the phones had her in her lap with a heating pad to keep her
warm.  ahhhhh.  Wonder why I love my vet so?

NickyBoy went in for his second dental in 4 months.  The vet's technical
term was skank mouth. ;-)  He lost his two upper molars and had a great
trip home from the vet.

Why you might ask?  Well, you see my car went in.  Then they called and
said this part on the braking system (one that Nissan hardly used so no one
but them makes the part and they don't make very many) had gone bad.  New
part is $1800.  Old part (from salvage) is $700.  sigh.  Still needed tie
rods, air and such, so total with old part will be around $2000.  I can't
afford a new car and this one is in great shape outside of this.  The
dealer recommended that I don't drive it right now, could loose brakes
altogether, so it is in the shop until at least Friday.

So...had to call on back up.  My friend and great all around woman Tie Dye
Queen (the hammock maker herself) came to get me.  With her two kids in
tow, April and Robert.  So they took me to the store and to the vet's to
get the ferts.  Nicky rode, in his carrier, in April's lap on the way back
home and Robert kept saying "Can I pet him?" April is 9 and Robert is 3.
So after we stopped in my drive, I took Nicky out for the kids to love on.
Robert wants one.  But then, so does Karen.

I have to say, she is the greatest.  She makes wonderful little hammocks
because of me and then hauls me and the ferts around on last minute
requests.  And she ain't even an animal owner!!

Also, the vet said (sorry if someone else has posted this already) that
there is a great article in some issue (last 4 months or so) of JAVMA on
stats for early spay American ferrets vs.  late spay European ferrets and
adrenal disease.  Yep, you guessed BIG DIFFERENCE!!

Anyway, my day was weird and I guess the rest of the week is going to be
also.  I hate not having a car.  Oh well, maybe it will force me to clean
up after myself.  The ferret room and cages are the cleanest part in the
house right now.  But then, they usually are.  Also going to finish off my
web page, been completely redoing it.

hugs to all,

Maggie

Don't try to force anything. Let life be a deep let-go.

See God opening millions of flowers everyday without forcing the buds.

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh    _Dying for Enlightenment_