From:
John Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:09:01 -0500
Hi everyone,
There is "new" Totally Ferret in central Illinois tonight!!!

Thankfully, all the furrfaces I know personally have taken to the mixture
of Eukanuba Chicken & Rice Kitten, IAMS Kitten and TF pretty well.  I mean
absolutely no disrespect to the Performance Foods folks when I say that my
FLO agents will never again suffer a similar situation as they will be fed
a mixture from now on.

I picked up two 15 lb.  bags to replace the two bad ones.  The new bag I
opened smells different than the old TF but OK and certainly not like the
bad stuff.  Only time will tell if the slight difference in the old smell
and the new will be a problem for the "animal food testers" at my house.

I urge everyone to give Performance Foods credit for making a sincere
effort to get good food out as I would hate to see a reputable firm
punished long term for human error.

Is it too much to ask those who bash P&G for ancient history to be as
forgiving?

To those who have suggested that PF shouldn't be held responsible for
distributors and stores failures, I compliment you.  Further, I expect
that the next time a thread blaming, for example, Marshall Farms for a
ferret being mistreated in a store you will be among the first to come
to the defense of MF as it is out of their hands.

Am I serious?  Yes, I am.  I'm asking for equal treatment for everyone.

My new bag is batch number "GOR19A" with an expiration date of "19 OCT 01"
and is from the "new" batch manufactured last week according to the letter
from Dr Willard that was forwarded to me by a friend.

Now for a funny thing.  I consider it funny because I assume that the
effort to rapidly produce new good food probably led to overlooking another
- to me - relatively small issue.  My new 15 lb.  bag of TF produced last
week is in a bag which very clearly states that the way to contact
Performance Foods, Inc.  located at 38251 Industrial Park Road in
Lisbon, Ohio 44432 is to call 1-937-890-7784.  LOL!

Before you accuse me of picking on them - reread the first two sentences of
the last paragraph.  I only point it out in an effort to get PF to spend
twenty bucks and get some labels to put the right address on the old bags.
It wouldn't be good business to toss the bags.  It would be good business
to re-label them.

I agree with the poster who commented that it is too bad the two things
happened at the same time.  To us this is a relatively minor problem as we
know how to reach PF.  However, it really is a problem for someone who
doesn't read this list.

And I assume the distributor or the store can't be blamed for what
Performance Foods says was produced last week.

Get my point?

I'm just calling them as I see them.

I have encouraged others to use Totally Ferret for several years and will
continue to do so.  I'm usually the one who is defending companies for
being unfairly bashed.  In my opinion this was not handled as well as it
should have been.  That said - I will continue to feed Totally Ferret as
my ferret friends like it and do well on it.

I LOUDLY complained when they screwed up.

I now LOUDLY say they deserve our support for making good on the guarantee.
It is truly all we can ask of a company.  I wish it could have been taken
care of faster - but I've never been accused of having an abundance of
patience.  LOL!!!

As to the distributor who failed to recall the bad stuff here in central
Illinois - I'll leave that to the Performance Foods folks to deal with.  On
more than one occasion I have stopped doing business with people who've
hurt my business reputation.

And, finally, in regard to the hypocrisy that I pointed to in the first
post of this thread - well - you be the judge.  Critical reading of all
posts, including mine:-), is the only way you will determine if the same
people who bash some companies make excuses for others.

I do my best to be fair to all.

I ask the same of others.

John Gordon in Pekin, IL with nine happy ferrets now that this ordeal is
finally concluding.