From:
Matthew Ardill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:47:27 -0500
well, there's been a lot of stuff about ferrets dooking, hissing, not
dooking, etc and so i figured i'd jump in with my own comments on ferret
talk.

since i work in a pet store i spend a lot of time with baby ferrets and i
hear a lot more baby noises than a lot of people.  we had one sweet little
guy (we called him Stumpy because he had a short tail) who was the last
ferret from a shipment who *cried* to be held!  it was heart wrenching!
when he saw us walk by the cage he would stand up and look out of the top
and "waaaah, wah, waaaaah!" until we cuddled him!  right now we have another
little girl who cries if you don't look at her while you hold her.  i know
at least one ******* is going to say that i'm just anthropomorphising
because i'm a sissy ferret lover, but i can't find any other reason for what
that little guy was doing.  he liked the company and attention we gave him,
and he'd learned that his "waah, waah" made us take him out.  ferrets are
amazing little animals.  :)

siani

Matthew Ardill
"El Carnicero de Canciones"