From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:34:07 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?gid=1423922&messageid=468

Author wrote:
>is there sometimes a correlation between WHERE the hair loss is and what
>kind of adrenal issue critter is dealing with?

No - you can see any pattern of hair loss with any type of lesion.  So
give your brain a break.

>as for professor, or mr. lumpy-vein in tummy: his owner was leaning
>against surgical removal and after your comments i think her decision
>would be more firm.  usually benign = don't mess with it.

In my book - usually benign mean if this one turns out to be malignant --
boy, won't the owner feel terrible.  We don't know enough about mammary
tumors to say whether this approach is good or not.  However, a mammary
gland is actually a modified apocrine sweat gland, and we do know that
apocrine tumors account for more malignancies than any other skin tumor....

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM

---------
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org/ (Easily searched FHL archives)