From:
Alechia Marie Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:54:40 -0400
Hi fuzz ball lovers!
I just wanted to give everyone some pretty good news.  About 4 weeks ago I
had made a posting about my 2 1/2 year old female ferret who had been
vomiting for the last 2 years.

Her name is Skeeter and she had been vomiting for 2 years straight.  I am
not talking about just hairballs, but she would vomit huge amounts of food
about 3-4 times a week.  Her weight would vary, sometimes she would weight
only 1 pound and sometimes she would balloon up to 2 1/2 pounds.  This had
been going on for 2 years and she had been treated twice for an ulcer, but
this never solved the problem ...it only stopped her from vomiting for about
1 week.

So ..I posted the FML 4 weeks ago to see if anyone had any helpful hints.  I
got a lot of great ideas that I had never thought of, but what it turned out
to be was an allergy.  Trish had E-mailed me back and told me that she had
had some ferrets that had been allergic to chicken products and suggested
that I try Iams Lamb and Rice.  Iams still has chicken in it, but it is way
down the list of ingredants.  It has now been 3 weeks and SKEETER HAS NOT
VOMITED [except when I fed her a rasin].  I am really hopeful that this was
her problem all this time.  She has now gained at least 1 1/2 pounds and
weighs 2 1/2 pounds now .... we call her the fat hog.

So ....... in a nut shell....if you have a ferret who vomits and you can you
can not find the cause .... CONSIDER ALLLERGIES !!!!!!

Thanks so much for everyone who read and replied to my message!  I just love
you guys!!

Alechia, Skeeter [the fat hog], Hot Rod and Youngersrpy--