From:
Kara Ceraolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:36:36 -0700
Tuesday one of my ferrets endured a serious injury to his front right
leg.  Although radiographs show the leg to be fine, damage to the nerve
has apparently left him paralyzed from the elbow down in that leg.

Never have any of my pets been involved in so serious an accident, and
I'm having difficulty dealing with this.  I am overwhelmed with guilt
whenever I think about him.  I feel like this obstacle in his life, this
restriction on his ability to move around and do as he pleases, is
causing him great suffering.

Is there anyone out there that has dealt with something like this?  Will
he ever be able to support himself using only one front leg?  Will things
get easier for him?  Please, I really need to hear from you.

Kara