From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:53:59 -0400
As you may know Peekaboo is deaf and blind. Not totally blind but so
much so she runs into all kinds of things she really probably would
rather not run into.

In an attempt to help her in her many travels I made some whisker
extensions. This helped allot around the house where she didn't run
into as many things but things that were low the floor like tar pits
and all were open for her to fall into allot. Being albino the tar
pits kind of made a mess of her fur.

So I trained Pester to work with her as a seeing eye ferret! This took
allot of patience on my part and change on Pester's part but all things
come in time and this sure did.

Peekaboo now has a coffee straw she holds in her mouth to kind of tap
the ground in front of her to keep her from falling into the escalator
joints which usually makes her scream allot so the house is much
quieter and not falling into the tar pits the house is easier to keep
clean/er.

I made a small helmet for her out of spray can plastic tops, the 1/2
globe shaped kind and this has helped keep the big lumps from forming
on her knoggin as well as again quieting the house down by keeping that
nasty "CRACK!" every time she ran head on into things. The roto tiller
was the worst, she really hated that thing.

So now the house is clean/er, quiet/er and safe/er than it has been.
Pester is so occupied with being the lead ferret she doesn't have as
much time to pester the dickens out of Peekaboo and they are bonding a
bit better too. Now if I can just get these West Virginia ferrets to
use their tobacco chew spit cups things would be totally great!

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester-Doodle

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111