From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:51:24 -0400
Oh, oh, I heard a rumor that TSC is stretching her wattles to fly south
and work on some things with the Oracle.  I wonder what?

(For those new comers who don't know: TSC is a creature first explained
here by Wolfy, or Alex, or one of those other troublemakers ;-).  You
see, TSC is an ancient ancestor of mine, brought forth from a bog in
Scotland by a piping ferret (who was at that time renting a castle -- I
think we have a list member with a Mc in her name to blame for that lapse
in judgment).  TSC looks fearsome, but so would you if you had spent
thousands of years with the tannin of a long-gone oak forest seeping into
your hide, and she was ancient even before then, so much so that her neck
wattles are long enough to use for shovels or for wings.  (The shoveling
part came in handy when the ferret castle tenant had a wild party and the
cauldron of Ferretone accidently was set on fire by a tapestry climbing
ferret who knocked down a sconce, lit candle and all.  Fortunately, fire
can be buried by flung kitchen garden soil.

The Oracle you probably know, so I don't need to say much, and if you are
new enough to not know her you will soon because she is frequently
present here.  Some folks here have even met her at Symposia when she
read their furballs or otherwise made their eyes pop.  The Oracle is an
FML fixture and often says hello here!  She's got a hovering wagon (Well,
two now, since the one that was stolen by a marvelous pair from MA was
recovered.) which operates on gas -- but the type from beans, not the
type from a pump, and she has a cauldron which was once used to kidnap
Todd.  BTW, her latest hover wagon has a hepa filter complete with a
carbon filter , too.  I do NOT know which one she will ride to the IFC
Symposium this year or where she will park it -- maybe floating while
hitched to the flagpole.  (How many people look up?) If you want the
Oracle to bond to you forever give her a package of Poise and then make
her laugh -- and laugh, and laugh.

SPRING IS HERE!  Who has some ferret Spring stories, or some ferret
Spring poems or song lyrics to share here?

You folks who are walking around on your heads down-under or in Sud
America should feel free to send Autumn ones, please (Please, please,
please)!

-- Sukie