From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:43:00 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscussion.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=12884

I too want more info as to their diagnosis. Was it based on elevation in
proteins, was an electrophoresis done, were x rays done. A single blood
test alone would not diagnose this disease.

Dr. Sue

[and later after reply that the tests were not done:]

X rays can reveal boney changes that are specific for multiple myeloma
which is why I asked.  I do not believe a normal WBC count rules out
lymphoma and a high protein count is indicative of any form of
inflammation, even if the inflammation is what is triggering the
seizures, also lymphoma can cause seizures if it hits the nervous
system.  I think they may be jumpiong to a rare diagnosis too soon
without enough information.  Also you may find things in the chest that
you cannot feel on an x ray so more diagnostics are important before
making this horrible diagnosis.  Hope this helps a bit and best of luck
to you and your friend and the ferret.

Dr. Sue