Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:49:10 -0400
Last night we had a very powerful thunder and lightning storm.  Epcot and
Petunia both went to the open window, stood up on their hind legs, and
sniffed the air--smelling the storm, no doubt.  Epcot and Clover started out
their lives as outdoor ferrets.  I wonder if they remember previous storms.

The other day I came home from work and found Roxanne lying upside down,
fast asleep, in the middle of the clear dryer tube.  I shook her out since I
didn't think breathing the plastic smell could be too good for her while
sleeping.  Petunia is so tiny she can turn around in the tube, and will
sometimes cross over another ferret, which is a very tight squeeze.

I drape one of the dryer tubes across the bed, with both ends on the floor.
There's no frame, just box spring and mattress, so all the ferrets can
easily climb up the tube, over the bed, and back down again.  Just makes it
a little more interesting.

My 4 downstairs beasties--Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming and Merlin--run up
and down the stairs with ease.  The upstairs ferrets don't do stairs, with
the exception of Roxanne, who can go up the stairs, but not down.  Petunia
and Clover are too small to do stairs, and Epcot's legs are too short.  A
lot of times I come home from work and see three little faces--Petunia,
Epcot and Roxanne--peering down at me from the top of the stairs.  The
Welcoming Committee :-)