From:
AlphaChi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 03:01:09 -0500
>because I need the money to buy me a go-cart because racing season is
>started or is about to I really need to race again this year so what should
>i do???

Dear Chris,
Thanks for sharing your problem with us.  Bringing your question here to
fellow FML'ers suggests you are finding this decision a difficult one.
However, what you are asking is impossible for anyone but yourself to
answer.  It seems as thought you are faced with two absolutes: keep my
ferrets and don't get the go-cart, or get the go-cart and give up my
ferrets.  Are you sure these are the ONLY choices you have?  Is there not
some way of perhaps making a little extra money to afford the go-cart
without giving up your ferrets?  Have you searched all possible avenues and
resources?  If you really have been thorough in your search for a solution
than whatever you choose in the end will be the right decision for you.
Perhaps you may feel a tinge of guilt for thinking more about material
things than your living companions.  Maybe you might think it is
irresponsible to give up your pets for any particular reason, even a go-cart
that you really want.  Could that, my ferreted friend, be the real issue?
Are you perhaps looking to share the responsibility and therefore some of
the guilt and second guessing that comes with any important choice?  Or for
someone to say "Chris, it's OK"?

This decision is deeply personal for you and you need to face it on your own
terms, and not worry what others may think or feel.  If you have given this
question deep and sincere consideration then I guess you have no reason to
feel guilty or silly for whatever your final decision will be.

I wish you the very best whether you remain "true" to your ferrets or move
on to your desires for other things.  The truth is, many of us change our
obligations for various reasons when we feel a *need* to do so.  Please
remember whatever decision you make you will have to live with.  Someone
once said.... "it is better to make a decision right than to fear which is
the right decision".  Does that make any sense to you?  Chris, growing up is
hard to do, isn't it?  No one ever gets it perfect.  If someone tells you
they have...they lie Chris, they lie.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi