From:
Patricia Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:42:35 -0700
HI gang!

Yesterday, Wednesday, was one of those horrible, horrible days in my life
when "working" has to interfere with caring for and being with all the
fuzzies here.  Yuk!  Work sure gets in the way of the really *important*
things sometimes.  Luckily I work for some really cool people who don't mind
my bringing fuzzies along..(Thanks Cheryl!!!) So I had to work for about a
half a day, but I also got calls on, and managed to pick up 3 new rescues
along the way.  Toting fuzzies along sure made the work less painful :>

The first little girl is roughly 4 years old, she is a retired breeder, now
spayed.  She is a sable with dark face and undefined mask, a very pretty
little girl.  Her name is Freya.  (Does anyone know what that means?)
Unfortunately, I believe she has Lymphosarcoma.  She'll go to the vet as
soon as I can schedule an appointment, for a check up and we'll see if
surgery is an option.  The tumors are large so I am doubtful about this
being an option.  Either way, little Freya will probably be a permanent
resident due to this condition.

She was taken in first by a local Ferret Club member, but mothered their
ferret to death and just drove her nuts, so they called me to take Freya, to
find a good home for her.  I sure am glad considering her medical problems.
Anyway, while she was there she fell in love with and claimed as her own a
tiny stuffed teddy bear!  I think she thinks it's her baby.  I'll bet she
was one terrific mom!!!  The people let her take her teddy bear and her box
she loves so much that she sleeps in with her.  Other than her large tumors
in the pelvic area and back legs she appears perfectly healthy!  She has a
beautiful coat and is very active.  Even if it is Lymphosarcoma, I plan to
make whatever time she has left the best I possibly can!!  I hope she'll be
here a long, long time.

The other two rescues are a one year old silver-mitt boy named Simon, and a
4 year old sable-mitt girl named Bootey.  They are MF and appear in decent
health, their nails were just extremely long and they need a bath.  They
were eating some vet-brand of UT formula for cats :~ but they are gorging
themselves on the Totally Ferret food now so they should be fine.  Bootey
has her head in the bowl as I am typing this.  Both are very active and
happy here.  My only concern is the home they came from was infested with
mosquitos so I will be having them tested for heartworms.  They were up on
vaccinations.

Oh, I did manage to get my work completed, I was just a tad behind schedule
cuz I kept playing with the fuzzies...but I couldn't resist them.  I suppose
I shouldn't make a habit of carting fuzzies off to work with me, but rescues
are different.  They come first with me *period*.

Gotta run, kiss all your fuzzies for me.

Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter