From:
Susann Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Oct 2009 18:28:08 -0700
This was an amazing raffle in more ways than one, but the best by far
is that $1,627 was raised for Rocky's Ferret Shelter & Rescue!! Shelter
op Barb Clay has played a pivotal role in saving literally thousands of
ferret lives, and now you all have come through for her in a very big
way. From the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for your support. Maybe
you know how important this was for Barb and the furkids, and how much
your help was needed.

The raffle also saw multiple two-prize winners and the first ever
three-prize winner! Please know that we received some VERY generous
ticket purchases. Also, sometimes computers just do weird things.

Here's how we work the raffle. We list each purchase in the exact
order it's received. If there's a question about prizes, payment, etc.
we contact the purchaser immediately, and they hold their place ' in
line.' At the end of the raffle, when all questions have been resolved,
the ticket numbers are assigned - again, in exact order - and the
winning numbers are drawn by computer using a random number generator.
The number of tickets bought for each item is entered into the computer
program and the program spits out a number. Then, the number is matched
with a name - and that's the winner!

If a check has not cleared when the winners are drawn, the prize is
withheld until the check clears. If it doesn't clear, then another
winner's name is drawn (happily, this has never actually happened!).

Without further ado, here's the list of prize winners:

- Melissa Nichols won the Apple Festival Gift Basket;
- Maureen Henn won the Five-Piece Camo Fleece Bedding Set;
- Kelly Mazzei won the Ferret Nation Cage Mat Set in Camo by
  Rose German;
- Heidi Lepak won the PlayMat and Barrel Bed Set, and the Heavy Duty
  25-Foot Play Tube;
- Heather Pittman won the Winner's Choice Photography by Gary and Pat
  Shaskin, and the Taste of Alaska Gourmet Gift Set;
- Lynn Toole won the Pie and Pancakes Gift Jars and Apples Kitchen
  Sign, the Santa Plate & Gift Set,and the Christmas Mug 'n Toy Set!
- Jackie Ruegsegger won the Camouflage Pet Sleeping Bag and Ferret
  Comic Book Set, and the Handmade Halloween Bedding Set;
- DJ Dolan won the Boyd's Bear Corral and Toy Set;
- Keri McQuerrey won the Boyd's Bear in a Box!

Again, many many thanks for helping Rocky's Shelter -- you all rock!

Please bookmark our website and get on our mailing list to be
automatically notified when the next FOFS raffle is launched!

Susann Thiel and Lisa Oestereich
Friends of Ferret Shelters
http://www.shelterfriends.blogspot.com