From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 15:23:52 EST
HI,
if your ferret has a hairball YOU should give 1 inch a day for i week....
THEN you go to every 3 days....... you should be checking their poop
everday...you need to smash it to see what they are passing... I CANNOT
STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT THAT A HAIRBALL LAXATIVE BE USED AS A
PREVENTATIVE!!!!  this was told to me by my veternarian.... hairballs can
cause blockages....they are to be taken lightly... make sure your ferrets
pass them....

ferrets have to given a hairball laxitive as a preventative....Susan Brown
DVM has a reccomended dosage of every 3 days...so do most vets...this is
for the rest of their life...not to be used seasonaly....but for the rest
of their lives..and vets do not reccomend the use of vaseline or anything
else...just make sure your hairball rememdy does not have BHT, BHA or
ethyoxquin in it...check the labels every time you buy it...

sincerly,
Trudi