From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 04:01:47 -0600
It seems there is a lot of dialogue starting up about FMD in the UK.  It's
really too bad they are going through it in their country, but it could
have been happening anywhere and we should feel lucky we didn't get it
here in the US.  It is good for us to talk to the ferret owners in the UK,
despite the different ways they have with their ferrets and the way they
express themselves.  Let them talk, and let's not be so critical.

Many times, I have suffered from a similar disease like FMD, Here it is
Foot in Mouth Disease, and it is quite painful once everyone starts
lighting their matches so they can burn you at the stake.  It comes and
goes and ya never know when or where it will strike!  You could be next!
The ferrets in all these other countries may get treated different, but
I'll bet their lives aren't based on cruelty or indifference and their
owners love them as much as the next ferret owner who truly cares.  Oh
geez, am I getting hit with another bout of FIMD??

HUgs to all,
Ferretguy