From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 15:31:11 -0600
I really don't want to start a raging debate on gov', but doesn't the US
Constitution provide a gov't that is for the people and by the people?
What is happening to the majority rules, and voting of the people being
their voice to uphold what they want?  Since when does one person say what
will be?  California, New York, Aurora Colorado seem to be governed by
nazis.  Corrupt gov't where the lobby with the most money wins, regardless
of the will of the people.

In my recent battle with the city of aurora, they built a case around their
interpretation of their rules and forced me into a plea bargain where I
either surrendered to their will, or pace persecution from every gov't
agency from the IRS and down.  My lawyer was right, the trial would have
only opened up a Pandora's box of legal perils that I could not even
imagine.  For in Saudiaurora, one may not conduct business as someone in
the next city might.  In NY, who said the dept of health could do anything
but what the people say they can do?  Or Mayor Guiliani use his personal
feelings against the will of his citizens?

I love this country, My wife and I fought for this country in the armed
forces, but there is a cancer about in this country and it's spreading.
Will your town and city be next to be infected by insincere politicians and
corrupt gov't officials?  Do you want to be governed by people who would
serve only to use their positions to twist the laws to serve their own
purpose?  My issue with the city of aurora started with my refusal to move
my favorite chair off my front porch and ended up with this city flexing
it's might muscles on the only licensed ferret shelter in the state just
to get to me.  The chair is still sitting there, but the shelter that sat
behind it for 7 years will not be after Aug 1st.  We have until then to
tear down Ferretland, reduce our numbers to 10 ferrets, tell all those
wonderful volunteers that made us so great that they cannot come here
anymore.  The city has crippled us temporarily.  We will not concede to
this tyrannical city gov't and will move out of the reach of this city and
continue what we have been doing for so long.... Save all the fuzzies we
can reach out to, through actually putting our hands on them to going to
stores, schools, and churches to educate and spread the good word about
domesticed ferrets.  We thank all of you who took the time to send e-mails
and faxes to the mayor of aurora, and the gov. of colorado even though we
did lose the battle.

Remember, just because you lose the battle, doesn't mean you can't still
win the war.  We aren't done yet by a long shot and we will do it bigger
and better, somewhere else.

Thanks again for all your support and keep supporting those who are
trying to do a good thing for our ferrets everywhere.

Hugs,
Ferretguy