From:
Ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:51:00 -0000
>From:    Darrin Fuller <[log in to unmask]> wrote
>
>After seeing a ferret with a radio tracking collar on...
>
>I only have one question...
>
>how, what, why, grrrr.. just. HOW..?.. do you guys manage to keep a
>collar on a ferret ?

The collar is just tight enough not to slip over the head of the ferret.
I wouldn't put a harness on as tightly as I do a locator collar.  Please
bear in mind that there isn't a lead attached to the collar and the only
way a ferret can remove the collar is by pushing with its paws, however
the ferrets are generally too interested in working to worry about the
collar.

As for them slipping out of harnesses - you have to do them up tightly so
that your ferret can't get a paw through them.  I only use the H type as
I don't like the figure of eight ones.

--
Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare

Declaration Day Quote of the day from Vini Faal, "Alun Michael is
to animal welfare what King Herod was to baby sitting".

NFWS web site http://www.nfws.net updated 7th June 2004
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge:- Jill, Deanna Troi, Cameron, Carnath, Button,
Bill, Bobby, Jasper, Inga, Holly, Fergle, Amanda, Sparky, Daniel,
Blackie, Marvin, Claude, Bumper, Kurt, Tasha Yar, Larry, Lily, Ben,
Fritz, Dax, Kelley, McCoy, Brock, Snowy, Dumpling, Buddy, Stumpy,
Treacle, Max, Scrap, Vanessa, Sarek, Paw Paw, Badger, T.D, Spooky,
Stanley, Tara, Oliver, Alfie, Sindy, Beano, Lulu, Scully, Brecon, Lady,
Tuppence, Casanova, Beverly, Geordi La Forge, Piper, Phoenix, Tiberius &
Twiggy.