Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:26:00 -0600
Thankyou to everyone who replied..  To be honest, when he said not to feed
him, I wasn't too sure, knowing they have a fast metabolism.  But the vet
insisted it would be ok, and if I fed him it would only feed the stomach
bug and he'd get worse..  His exact words were 'he's not going to fade away
from only 2 or 3 days without food'.  I didn't like it though, and started
feeding him again after 1 and a half days..  Which, from what you've said,
still isn't that good :(

The vet did ask me to call back and tell him if the meds helped, so when I
ring I will point out to him what you all said, because he says he sees a
few ferrets from time to time, and if he's recommending this to other
people, it could be bad :(

The problem is, there aren't any ferret knowledgable vets nearby..
However, my usual vet (it was after hours and I had to go to a different
one this time) is very cautious with treatment..  When they needed thier
vac shots, he wouldn't give them until he'd looked it up and found the
definate dose..  So I'm definatly sticking with him in future..

Thanks again. Dex is well again, on a good note :)