From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 13:43:38 EST
One day I brought Amelia to my office with me.  I set up her food, water,
and litterbox, and sat down to write.  Amelia went over to the food dish--
small, low and ceramic-- and was clearly perturbed by its location.  Instead
of picking up the food mouthful by mouthful to move it, she carefully picked
up the edge of the bowl with her teeth and high-stepped it under a desk,
without spilling a morsel.  I know this is a simple thing, but I was
suprized.  This long-time human evolution Teaching Assistant knows that it's
not really a tool if she didn't manufacture it herself, but still...

The dominance battles rage on...  Cully's stronger but Amelia is more
persistent.  How seriously should I take screaming?  I watch them fight, and
most of the time when Amelia screams, she hasn't even been touched.  It
sounds horrible.  But yesterday they ate from the same dish without mauling
one another, which is progress of some sort.  Regina, whomade the ferrets
kiss each other by sharing Linatone Amelia, who wants Seth to know she knows
just what he's talking about and Cully, who makes me wonder about that
monkey thing