From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 17:21:46 EST
Hi all--
I forget who asked about the tattoo on their Canadian/Australian ferret--
One Canadian tatto is an "H" in the left ear, marking a ferret from Hagen.
Hagen's ferrets have an X or Y as kits but this seems to fade.

I just tried using FOur Paws ferret deoderant spray and coat conditioner on
Cully, who is pretty stinky what with all this fighting going on-- word of
warning to asthmatics!  The stuff triggered an attack for me.  Maybe it
could be better used in a well-ventilated area, but IMHO it's not worth it,
and Cully smelled better before anyway.

And snow-- Amelia is a little snow bunny, with her thick fur and also thick
layer of fat.  I wouldn't take her out below 20F though.  Cully does not
have such a thick coat, and so is not so crazy about the snow.  Just make
sure their feets and noses aren't too cold, and watch out for salt if you
live in a heavily salted area (Montreal's mission seems to be to turn the
Saint Lawrence into a salt river)-- I've seen many dogs around here with
painfully cracked feet.

Thanks to those who have written me about Cully and the possibility of an
incomplete neuter-- he goes to the vet on Saturday, where he will reside
over Christmas ($7.50 a day-- sounds bad, but includes food and a complete
physical), so I will write up everything for the vet then.

Regina (I'll miss my little bugs over break!  But spring break, they can
come to Mass with me!) (that's Mass, not mass)
Amelia (I'll miss you too, but a vacation from Cully--yippee!)
and Cully (whaddaya mean, incomplete neuter?  I'm a damn manly ferret!)