From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 09:20:50 -0500
>After reading so many posts about ferret escapes--past & present--I just
>have to make this suggestion: why not put collars on your little guys...
>Nancy <[log in to unmask]>

I found the perfect ferret ID tag.  IT's a tennis shoe charm (I think it's
supposed to be hooked on shoe laces).  I found it at one of those jewelry
places in the middle of the mall.  The one I bought looks like a tiny
Military dog tag.  I engraved one side with an engraving pen and put the
same info on the other side with a permanent paint (in case the ingraving
started to wear off).  It hooks on with a necklace-like clasp.  Works
perfectly!

About those little S-hooks, I inadvertantly went ahead and tried to use the
one that came with the rabies tag.  Loki totally FREAKED out because it was
dangling between her legs.  She was biting at it and bouncing off furniture.
It took me a while to catch her because she was soo ticked off!  So I just
took off the S-clip and added it to the ID tag ring and everything is fine!

cheers
chris and Loki "Mom, what the heck IS this thing?"