From:
Laurie Murchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 06:25:04 -0100
Slinkster here -

Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter wrote:
>There was a couple next to us (sorry, I don't remember your names) who had
>a little sign on their cage,,,,"My owner has a first name, it's Putty in my
>hands".  Well, I finished the jingle.  ..
>My owner has a first name, it is Putty in my hands.  My owner has a second
>name it's Sucker, BIG BIG time.  Oh, I love to tease him/her everyday, and
>if you ask me why I'll say, cause Ferret is as Ferret does, the one and
>only Ferret Way!

**PAWS FOR APPLAUSE**

GOTTA love it...

   ________________

**drum roll, please**

This is The Boss...

Tears are pouring down my face, just licked off by The Moondancer.  I just
got done reading Fanglady's post entitled "A Shelter Mommy's Heartbreaks
NEVER end (very long)".  Oh, gad...any human who could treat our elves in
fur coats like that -- ooh, I'd love to feed her to my paper shredder (it'd
be a pleasure to watch my beasties poop on such bedding).  Slinky's my
sanity - I'd give up my condo before giving up him and don't doubt those
words for one moment.  Kymmie Becker just blessed me with two new carpet
sharks, Spaghetti and Nala, both beautiful chocolates, today and I KNOW she
felt safe with handing them over to me.  I would NEVER betray the love and
trust in those creatures' shining eyes and I can't fathom how anybody
claimng to be an animal lover COULD.  I'm not judging the so-called "friend"
of Fanglady for her giving up the ferrets - many true lovers of animals, not
just ferrets, have had to do that and that doesn't mean they never cared for
them in the first place.  What makes this woman potential shredder fodder is
her MISTREATMENT of the ferrets and her deceit regarding their condition.
After reading that message, I solemnly and totally seriously (I have the
tears to prove it) took each of my three individually in my arms and
promised them that I would love them, take the best possible care of them
that I could and would fight for them to the best of my ability.  (I'm still
crying as I type this - can't help it.) I suffer from depression and the
past year and a half has been one of the toughest periods of my life as I've
battled suicidal impulses (which fortunately I've risen above) and a
drinking problem which is now under control.  It wasn't until The Lord
blessed me with Slinky that I really started an about-face.  The Moondancer
(Full name: Slinky The Moondancer) wasn't the only reason for my recovery,
but he brought laughter back into my life and his joy of life depleted some
of the despair of mine and gave me hope when I'd had none for far too
long...he made me CARE again and that was a miracle in itself.  So I know
what I owe to ferretkind...I just want to go ballistic when I hear about the
stuff Fanglady's had to go through on behalf of her kids and I can
completely understand the agony she went through regarding Rocki's and
Bobo's fatel I will NEVER betray Spaghetti and Nala or the faith of the
lovely lady who gave them to me.  I will NEVER be anything less than the
possible best I can be for my Slinkster..He's as close to me as my heartbeat
and as vital a part of my being.  I now understand why Bob Jacobs was
willing to sacrifice everything to fight for Kodo's life....

Fanglady, all of your ferts, especially Rocki and Bobo, will be in my
prayers...Give all of them a hug from me and a nuzzle from Slinky...

And, Kymmie darlin', thanks for honoring me with the precious lives of
Spaggy and Nala.  I won't let them down....or you.

Just finished reading