From:
Laurie Murchie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 00:12:53 -0100
Slinkmeister here -

Kymberlie Becker wrote:

>I'm here to warn you again that just because you think you've ferretproofed,
>doesn't mean that your ferrets are safe.  Now, I have to start off by saying
>this story ends happily... *Laurie and Slinky, RELAX.  He's FINE!  :-) *

Thanks for the immediate reassurance, Kymmie Cutie (doesn't she look spiffy
when she's embarassed, folks?).  The Boss (my human, sometimes referred to
as Laurie) went into anxiety mode as soon as she received two messages from
Sammykins (Young - she also looks neat when embarassed) about your message
in the FML, telling her NOT TO BE ALARMED (great advice that, of course, no
woman's going to be able to follow once she hears it), that Spaggy was fine.
She promptly printed the FML and didn't wait for it to finish - she scrolled
through the List until she found your message.  And once she read it, she
had to go check on me - I'm in the bedroom right now (as I'm typing this
with her hands under my telepathic control for those of you who are unaware
of the fact that I'm a TeleFerret with paranormal powers, some of which I'm
probably not even fully aware of - yet), scampering around and having a
great time.  She's not allowing me freedom in the livingroom because there's
a recliner out there that will be going bye-bye at the end of the week and
she doesn't want to take any chances with me being too adventurous for my
own good.  (Silly human - I KNOW better, but she refuses to believe me.)
Granted, I could always teleport out to the livingroom, but that's against
the rules.  Rules, meaning she likes for me to behave ferretnormal, NOT
paranormal most of the time which isn't a whole lot of fun, but since she's
the supplier of Ferretone, who am I to argue?  (No, Kymmie, I NEVER give TB
a hard time, do I?  Just the most polite, sensitive, genteel little fert
anyone could ever want....Right, Sammy?) (And don't forget I'm the epitome
of innocence, too...) But I digress...

As I was saying, she was thinking of checking on me and then she heard a
thump from the bedroom.  THAT got her on her feet at once.  She tried to
push open the door, but something was leaning against it - turned out to be
the kid-sized mattress that her roommate, Debbie's son, Paul, sleeps on
whenever he's here.  (Her kids, Cindy, 9, and Paul, 7, live with their dad
who has joint custody of them with Debbie, but they stay over here a lot,
hence the mattress.) I'd been racing around and bounced against it and it
had fallen against the door...FORTUNATELY it got caught by the doorknob or
it might've flattened me - well, not really, because teleportation comes in
handy at times like that, rules or no rules, but she still breathed a sigh
of relief when I poked my head out from behind Debbie's bed.  And, of
course, she had to grab me and make silly, cooing sounds over me and -blech-
kiss and nuzzle me and do all those yucky mushy things that all you humans
feel the need to do with your fuzzies whether we like it or not.  (I know, I
know - a lot of ferts do, but I am FAR too macho to be a kissyface, but I
put up with it because that's in the job description....(and sometimes it
isn't TOO bad...I've actually been known to give kisses, myself - almost as
rare as the dodo, I assure you, and sure shocked the heck out of her).

But we both can hardly wait for Spaggy and Nala.....Kymmie says Nala's going
to break my heart, but I'm far too macho for that.  And I'll beat the hell
out of Spaggy so that we can be friends (and then Kymmie will probably beat
the same thing out of me for beating up her baby...I tremble...) But what's
the best part of the weekend will be meeting KYMMIE herself...wish we could
keep her as well, but I don't think she'd fit in my cage.  She might fit in
the dryer, though.  There's a thought....

TB and I rarely post to the FML (no snobbery here - most of our posting is
done from her work and it's hard to post to a digest instead of individual
messages as they come in as we do with Ferret Forum - I control her hands
telepathically from home - my body's at home although my spirit's usually
sitting on her shoulder, whether she likes it or not), but we'll try to do
it more often and keep you updated on the soon to be multi-ferret house(or
rather, condo)hold.  It ought to be interesting....Hey, Sammy, Kymmie,
Katydid ( K-aren D-aigneault) (my three girlfriends) - HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU!

        I'm such a beaut -
        The King of Cute!

        The Merry Moondancer

        Dogs and cats, no doubt, are cool,
        But s/he who loves ferts is no one's fool
        So face it, humans - FERRETS RULE!