From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:01:31 -0400
Hi ALl,
]While Pineapple juice is excellent for hair balls in rabbits ( herbivores
etc.) there is some speculation as to whether it will do any good against
ferret, cat dog hairballs.  THE REASON?  Well ferrets cats and dogs are
CARNIVORES being so and on a meat based protein diet -- the structure of
the hair follicles varies greatly.

I personally do not know if anyone has tested the pineapple juice on
carnivore hair to measure rate of breakdown -- if so please post and let
us all know.

In the meantime-- it may not be a bad thing for pet ferrets, - but I would
NOT buy stock on the chance it will remedy a hair ball blockage problem if
it is currently suspected .  I would recommend using unscented vasoline or
white petroleum jelly in lieu of feline hair ball remedies if you suspect a
hair ball blockage that needs a quick assist.

Alicia
and the many faces at Ferret Wise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

stop by iGive and click through-- this will help us raise pennies to assist
our rehab patients at the shelter!  Thanks so much the kids appreciate it!
http://www.igive.com/ferretwise