From:
Sue Pyron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2010 17:33:02 -0400
Thursday,
We still fight the battle of a losing war. Boggle has been doing ok. I
had to restart the Lasix due to crackly sounds in his breathing. (it
worked)  My fear was he's show signs of dehydration, but I took care
of that by adding more water to his gravy. Oh how he loves his gravy.
I keep reminding myself, quality of life, quality of life. To Boggs,
having his gravy 3 x daily is still very much quality time.

His breathing is stable, not the greatest, but he isn't struggling very
much. It seems to be rhythmic and even when he sleeps, and I start to
kid myself, look, I say, he's not so bad. But then I remember, the
horrible fact is that he is so bad. The Dr. gave us weeks to 1 month
and it's been 1 week. 1 week less that ill have him here with me. He's
still enjoying having his nose rubbed and long slow strokes down his
back. We will enjoy every minute we have together now for that's all
we have are these moments. I will not moarn him for the time he's got
left, although it is hard, but will treasure every second. There is a
new peace about him that Ive never seen before, He knows. I think he
wants to help me as much as I help him to understand why and accept it
as the uttermost hardest part of being loved by ferrets. This is what
we all face, everytime. Sometimes harder, but never easier.

Thank you all for letting me go on and tell you about my boy's journey
to the Bridge. It helps to know you're there when the darkness and the
pain is a little too much to bear alone. Thanks too for caring about my
Boggle, Boggs, Boggsley, Boggledy Boop, Boggledy Boy, Big Boggledy Man.
He's a wonderful boy, so full of love..

Gratefully Yours
Sue