From:
mike j hamm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:31:34 -0800
Well....we just wanted to let everyone know that our jill, JBF's Isabella
(aka Bella) of LW (Leizel's Weasels) took FERRET OF THE YEAR today at the
Spring Nationals AFA show in York, PA.!  We are very excited and also sad
that we could not attend.  Bella went into heat about 4 weeks ago, so we
took her to a vhob.  Well, he didn't do his manly job =) (he turned out
to be sick a couple of days later), then she had 2 hormone shots
(cystorelin), and still would not come out of heat.  So, we had to breed
her to SH's Ichibon of FH (Ferret Haven) and now she is as happy as can
be.  Some ferrets are very stubborn and obviously she wanted kits!  Thus,
with her being in heat and being bred we were unable to bring her to the
show.  So, if she takes she will be due on or around May 2nd, 2004.  This
pair should produce awesome kits.  Both are black roan mitts and both
have excellent confirmation and temperments.  As soon as her pregnancy is
confirmed, we will be taking reservations for their kits.  Just wanted to
share the good news as we are very excited!

Thanks,
Sara Hamilton
Leizel's Weasels