From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:40:53 EDT
Just had to add my two cents on the hammocks we are talking so muhc about!!

They ARE amazing!

I purchased two hanging ones.  Two days later I got a phone call that there
were two rescues (bonnie and clyde) that needed help.  clyde was basically
bald and bonnie had a ratty coat.  Thier hammock was shedded (boredom?) to
bits and they were sleeping on a smelly sweatshirt.  The day after I picked
up the darlings: the sleepsacks arrived.  Fate?  Don't know if I believe in
it, but it was an amazing coincidence!  I don't know WHY i ordered two...
but i did.

Bonnie and clyde climbed right in as I was trying to hang it.  I knew righ
then I was going to need to buy another b/c these rescues were taking that
sack with them!

I can't find the web address for his site (help? someone!?) so I can order
more...

Thank you Ron!  They are amazing!
~~~

ON anohter note, after many offers from far away but none close enough for
immediate placement, I dropped the rescues off with Tracy.  Tracy brought
Bonnie and Clyde down to the northern branch of KiSta Ferret Rescue!  Yes,
I cried.  but I know they are better there.  Soon clyde will have her
adrenal surgery.

I cna't believe how wonderful Mary M and KiSta North AND South were about
taking on these darling fuzzies.  They were pretty much full and couldn't
avoid anohter adrenal surgery--but they had no hesitations about taking
them in.

I spoke with Rick and KiSta North yesterday: they are doing fine.  He has
three adrenal surgeries lined up and i think he said another that needed
it was coming in!  WOW!

They are amazing people to take them in.  I am sending a donation for the
surgery straight to the vet so we can get little Clyde in there ASAP.
<sigh> I miss them!

Thank you EVERYONE from ALL OVER the US who offered to help.  I wish it was
easier to get these guys around.  I had people offering help from Florida,
Illinois, PA, NJ, Virginia, California and Texas.  There were others too--
but everything is getting muddled now that they are gone (you mean it
wans't already??)

Thank you again.  If I EVER take in another rescue: I have to learn not to
get attached!  My house seems so empty with out them :(

Fran and Caryl in NY gave me tons of advice and support on how NOT to get
attached...fran, I tried closing my eyes...it didn't work!  :)

Thank you again. The FML helps out so much!

Meg in NY
with fezzik, haggis and keera
minus two

ps: rick/denise/tracy: the hammock that the girls have is the one I
ordered--isn't it great?