From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:01:47 -0700
>I am quite sure that there must be some thing totally wrong with ferrets
>in the USA as none of my ferrets over the past 30 have had any problems
>with fur ball or the need for the use of ferret laxatives.

The answer is simple (and if you check the FML archives, you should find
it in there) - if you are feeding a whole prey diet, lax isn't needed
because the fur, bones, etc. scours the intestines to keep them clean.

Kibble does not provide that action, being a paste, so it is necessary to
give lax to prevent hair balls.

Hope that helps!

Mary

Novel Beginnings Ferretry