From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:58:03 -0500
Okay, is it just me, or did the two posts just contradict each other 100%
on the point of what rice vs.  corn does in a food?

Linda forwarded:

 and then Trish wrote:

>Rice is more easily digested than corn, and therefore, it is likely that
>ferret gain more benefit from rice than from corn.  P&G tells us that
>their switch to corn keeps blood sugar more stable.  That may be true in
>cats and dogs because their digestive tracts are equipped to handle
>complex carbohydrates, but it only makes digestion harder on the ferret,
>with no benefit.  To put it another way, using corn instead of rice allows
>for controlled releasable carbs for cats and dogs...but for ferrets it
>only means less digestibility.  The ferret's digestive tract cannot
>metabolize complex carbohydrates."

If I am reading that right, Trish's information directly contradicts info
from the doctor.  I get the whole part about Corn Is Bad, but it's the
rice I am worried about, as I have an Insulinoma boy.

They both can't be right. Corn Bad, yes, but Rice Bad/Good?

Julie