From:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:53:14 -0400
It's been a nice week at the shelter.  Well, mostly anyway.  I'll get the
sad stuff over with first.  After a long battle with insulinoma, Binkley,
auntie Theresa's kid crossed the Bridge on Saturday morning.  We are all
very sad for his family.  Sabbath, grandma's cat, crossed the Bridge on
Monday.  Grandma is very sad.  She fell this week too and dislocated her
tail bone and may have fractured her pelvis.

We took in 2 kids this week.  Hannah, a 5 year old female DEW and Skylar,
an 8 month old male sable.  Skylar was found eating garbage and has all
his canine teeth cut out.  i really don't get why people would do that to
us kids.  He's VERY small and nearly skin and bone.  He's at auntie
Paige's place for another week to grow strong before coming to the
shelter.

On a happy note, Sherlock Flea found a wonderful home this week.  He
went along with his best buddy, Dylan.  We all cried with happiness that
someone FINALLY gave Dylan a forever home.  Dylan has been returned to
the shelter twice in the year and a bit he's been with us but he's now in
a home with one of his dearest friends, Sherlock.  We are so grateful to
their new parents for taking them together.

Auntie Paige has been working with the abused ferrets we took in the 1st
week of May.  Stevie "Y" (yup, mommie's a Red Wings fan) was a hard biter
but not to be mean, he just didn't realize his strength.  Well, he's back
at the shelter now and NOT biting at ALL!  Auntie Paige caught mommie
kissing and mauling him on Saturday and said "Hey, it's not my fault if
he starts biting again after being with you!".  But mommie just giggled
and kissed him some more!

I'm not feeling so good.  Well, i'm feeling ok and still playful but i'm
finding it harder to breathe.  Mommie took me to the University again but
i'm having yucky poops so we didn't flush my nose this time.  We also took
Druid with us and Dr. Taylor is sure someone has hit or kicked him just
like me.  i only have a 30% range of motion in my jaw from my injury and
Druid only has a 55% range.  i feel sorry for him 'cuz i know how he
feels.  We *almost* had a forever home for Druid but sadly it didn't work
out.  on the upside, the lady who wanted to take him is going to become
his sponsor and help us with him in other ways.  Auntie Paige is going to
take him home with her for a couple of weeks to work on his biting.  he
hasn't bitten mommie yet but i've seen him bite others REAL hard!

other than that, all is well!

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"