From:
"Western Carolina Ferret Club (Judy & Gary Skinner)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:26:18 -0500
Beth...

Hi.  I want to introduce myself to you.  I am Gary Skinner, Founder and
President of the Western Carolina Ferret Shelter, Rescue, Club, Inc.  We
are in Granite Falls, NC, about 11 miles North of Hickory, 1 Hr East of
Asheville.  We had forcefully been working with the State Law makers from
NC to see that SC laws would Change to the Manner that Ferrets would Be
recognized there as a domesticated pet, and not a "Wild Animal".  Our
Shelter was recently Visited, and was Praised for the Efforts we were doing
by Representative Edgar V. Starnes (R)of the 91st district, and led the
path to some of the SC representatives, to help Modify the Past law.  The
Law passed was the First step toward "Freedom of ferrets Bill" in SC.  This
Bill will Pave the road, and Ferrets will not be considered "Wild", and
they will be subject to the S.C.A.C., to the Mandatory quarantine period of
10 days, Same as Cat and Dog.  We are Proud to see the First step taken by
Law Makers in SC to Free the Ferret, although some of us do not like the
Pet Stores to Sell them.  Pet stores were allowed to sell the Cage and
Accessories, and give the ferret to you Free.

I want to commend you for the Great efforts you are doing to Educate The
Ferret Community, Vets, and Pet Store Personal.  With your Dedicated Love
you hold for the Ferret, you will succeed in your task to Educate your
Area.  If you could Team up with a few other Ferret Folks in the
Surrounding Areas, and see to it that every ferret owner gets involved to
help educate Vets, Pet stores and the Community, we would all see a great
difference in the Laws of Ferrets Today.  Please keep Us posted here, and
If you need any assistance, Feel free to ask.

I would like to take this time to invite and tell you about our Ferret Show
we are Hosting here in Charlotte,NC April 29th at the Charlotte Merchandise
Mart.  You can get all the Information at http://www.ferrethut.com
This show will be a big attraction to Law Makers and other public eyes.

Thank you,

Western Carolina Ferret Shelter
Rescue/Club Inc.
Judy & Gary Skinner