From:
Michelle Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:45:20 -0800
I don't want anyone to think I'm coming down on the author of that letter
because it's obvious a lot of time and thought went into it.  However,
it's way to long!

Think about how busy your place of business is!  It's not different and
probably worse in any politic office.  I'm sorry but ferrets are not a
priority for these officials.  If they were, they'd be legal.  No one has
time to read a multiple page letter, let alone hundreds of them.

Now, I know the important thing is to get the letters to them and show your
support, but if they actually read the letter, well, that's just icing on
the cake.

So, to get your letter read, may I suggest that you keep it to 3
paragraphs?  That is what I was taught to do when writing press releases.

1st paragraph:  Outline who you are (concerned VOTER)

2nd paragraph:  What you want (ferrets legalized)

3rd paragraph: Sum it up (thanks for your time, I look forward to
re-electing such a forward thinking candidate)

That's it!  The information is out there, if what I've been reading is
correct.  There are lobbies for both sides presenting information, both
true and false.  You don't need to tell them that info again.  If they want
it they'll get some lackey to look it up.  Your job as a voter is to let
them know which side you support and that you will be electing officials
who support the same side.  IE: No legalization, you're out of a job!

Remember K.I.S.S (Keep it simple, stupid)

Best of luck to you in CA (I remember when my ferrets were outlaws here
in MI)

Michelle