From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 10:06:11 -0600
On the continuing saga of Binky who had the partial adrenalectomy recently:

On her two week post surgery checkup - it was noted that she has lost 50
grams since the surgery, and continues to grind her teeth.  Since my vet
didn't biopsy the plyoric (sp?) stomach during surgery (she didn't know
about Helicobacter until after the surgery) - we have no results on this.  A
CBC showed the same flip-flop results from before - only with lymphocytes a
bit higher than before. (flip-flop = lymphocytes higher than nutrafils (sp?).

I pulled everything out of my list archives that might be even remotely
related, and downloaded a pathology paper written by Dr.  Williams off his
web page (THANKS Dr.  W!) - so she could become more familiar with
Helicobacter.  Also printed off the recommended treatment for it.

As it stands know - she accepted the recommended treatment (Carafate and
Amoxy), and is treating symptomatically.

What we would like to ask is - are we acting appropriately?  Something
we're missing?  Her stools and behavior are normal (except for the grinding
of the teeth).  She's always been a bit of a picky eater, but her appetite
looks normal for her.  I gave her Duck Soup post surgery, which she loved
at first - but now flatly refuses it.

My vet welcomes any suggestions.

Thanks again,

Cheryl and the Wrecking Crew
[log in to unmask]                             [log in to unmask]