From:
K Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:25:31 -0500
HI--

I just picked up a new tip for dealing with nippy kits and older ferrets.
I can't say if it will work on abused, fear biting ferrets.

I'm babysitting 5 demon spawn kits and 2 high strung boys who need to be
settled down a bit more.

2 of the 5 demon kits have turned the back of my hand into a pincushion.

I was told to try slathering olive oil on my hands.  Worked like a charm.
The kits go to take a nip and I tasted good.  NO more skin breaking nips.
No more nips of any kind period.  It has made it easier to handle the baby
ferrets.

I've been able to skip the usual scruff and drag and time outs and just
hiss or say no for the "bad" behaviors I'm working on correcting.

I'm able to pick up some of them now with nothing special on my hands.  I
have the bottle of olive oil that I let them lick out of ready the minute
they are picked up.  Treat time.

KG
Celtic Ferrets