From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 22:20:31 -0600
I have a friend who's ferret has symptoms of adrenal and/or insulinoma (ie.
missing fur on tail and thinning fur on back and some leg weakness).  He
went in for surgery today and the vet did not see anything specifically
wrong with the adrenal glands or the pancreous.  She did remove the left
adrenal anyway.  The ferrets glucose level was very low.  Does anyone have
any ideas on if this still could be adrenal and/or insulinoma or maybe
something else going on?  He was also a bit dehydrated and not eating very
well before the surgery.

Please e-mail me personally since I am way behind on reading the list.
Thanks in advance to any and all responses.

Barb, Lucy  & Greta

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the old,
sympathetic with the struggling, and tolerant of the weak and
wrong...because sometime in your life you will have been all of these"