From:
Lisa Carswell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:23:33 -0400
>Of course, the person quite possibly was an idiot..  But it seems strange
>to me a pet store employee would try so hard to *stop* people buying these
>ferrets.  It seems more plausable this person didn't want these ferrets
>sold for a good reason.

Reet, that's a thought that occurred to me as well.  If the person at the
pet store had simply spouted off the usual negative ferret stereotypes, I
would have just suspected he was an idiot.  But the claim that the ferrets
in the store had been bred with minks was a bit over the top.  I suspect
that he was intentionally trying to discourage people from buying those
ferrets.

While I do think that perhaps this fellow meant well, I also think he was a
bit misguided.  The people who posted the original story (and I'm sorry,
but I can't remember your names) were pretending to be ferret-ignorant, but
that's no excuse for the pet store person to discourage them from buying a
ferret.  True, he didn't know that they were more knowledgeable than they
were letting on, but least by asking questions they were showing that they
were willing to find out more.

I wonder if perhaps this fellow (or one of his friends) wanted to buy the
ferrets himself, so he was doing all he could to keep anyone else from
buying them.  Or he may have really been an idiot.  Who knows?

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, Loki, Fezzik, Crysin, and Kyra Monchichi
"Still, so still in the city tonight, twelve o'clock tick-tock, when all
that is good slinks away like a beaten dog and the black black shadows are
alive with the dead, twisted poetry in broken English, flesh and blood and
staring faces...

So grey and despairing, strong as steel but collapsed inside, the Crow
laughs under a street light, a voodoo smile of one who lived and died and
yet still lives...

He makes his way home to where he can be shapeless in the dark and paint
his face in the colours of joy...

Tonight, hell sends an angel bearing gifts..."
                        --J. O'Barr
                          _The Crow_