From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 16:19:01 EDT
Hi everyone,

This is in response to the emails I am receiving.  To become apart of
the LOS Shelter, LOS Breeder list, you must first apply at this website
http://pages.ivillage.com/losbabyregistration/ , shortly thereafter, our
division president should call you and ask some questions that help us to
understand if you are a shelter or a breeder or other.  This website was
also designed for people to register their baby ferrets.  This includes
breeder and pet store.  This was done so that we can help elminate
inbreeding by allowing people to refer back to the original breeder.  We
have an adult ferret database current underconstruction but will be up
shortly.  We created this site to help make it easier for people looking
to adopt ferrets.  There is a shelter and breeder registry.  Of course,
we always push for the shelter ferret to be placed first.  If anyone has
questions, please let me know.  We also have our questionnaire for
evaluating a shelter on our website.

Also anyone registered under our registry should also apply for S.T.A.R.
to register their shelter.  Though we have a completed list offline
of shelters and breeders that have chosen not to register online for
whatever reason, we urge anyone interested in registering to do so.
It is free to register your shelter.

http://pages.ivillage.com/losbabyregistration/

Sincerely,
Dawn Smith, Vice President