From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 1995 09:07:35 -0500
Jonathan (the future husband-type person) and I took one dog, two cats,
three ferrets, and four kittens to the vet for shots and annuals yesterday.
We discovered that if we had saved one dollar a day for a full year, we
could have paid in cash. *sigh* Anyway, that's not the point. I just wanted
to encourage those of you who are hesitant to get your ferrets their shots.
Applejuice was the only one pretreated in case of a reaction. She's just so
small and I worry about her. The boys weren't pretreated. It is now about
.... 20 hours later and other than being a tad sleepy (which could be
because they are not early risers (thankfully)), they are showing no
reaction whatsoever. All three had distemper and rabies shots one right
after the other. It was mentioned here that we get more horror stories than
happy ones, so here's one to balance the scales a bit. And in case this
hasn't been mentioned, sorry if it has and I missed it, Texas is under a
rabies quarantine. So all you tejano ferrets out there, please have mommy
and/or daddy take you in for your rabies vaccination!
Happy ferreting! And GET THOSE SHOTS!

ahn and her too large crew (sounds like a music group!)