From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:04:13 -0400
CONGRATULATIONS CALIFORNIA!!!!!  What about Sierra/Audubon?  What is most
imp't for out-of-state people to do now?

 *********************************
 From the Bay City Times, Michigan:
 "Kodo turns 1 year old today in a cage at Bay County Animal Control."

PLEASE take a moment to send birthday wishes to Kodo-I know he can feel
everyone's love!

 Kodo's Weekend Strategy
Kodo's media consultant has asked that we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fax fax fax
fax fax this weekend to: Martha Fitzhugh, Bay County Corporation Counsel,
(517) 895-7658; Assistant Attorney General, Denise H.  Chrysler (state
prosecution) (517) 373-0241;
    and
Gov. John Engler (517) 335-6863 and 335-6949.  Each of their fax machines
should be out of paper by Monday morning-literally.  We must keep the
pressure on!

Also fax or call the tv, radio stations and newspapers-numbers have been
listed in recent fmls.  Ask them to run Kodo's story which they have
received via their news wires.  It is very important that they know there is
a lot of interest in this story!

From the Bay City Times--
"[Gov.  Engler's press secretary said:] 'We have been asked to basically
commute the sentence or pardon the ferret, but we have no intention of doing
that; this is truly a local matter' ...

"... [The gov's press sec'y] said the governor has received 450 e-mail
messages, 50 faxes and 50 calls about Kodo, most of which came from outside
the state... Many of the e-mail messages were form letters--letters that are
usually composed by an organization advocating a position.  E-mail form
letters require a mere touch of a few buttons on the computer keyboard to
send.

"...a group of first-graders from Saraland Elementary School in Saraland,
Ala., sent handwritten letters to Engler in the hopes of freeing the
ferret..." [yay, Saraland, Alabama!]

"We don't respond to out-of-state form letters.  We put a priority on
answering things from our residents in Michigan... Form letters are
ineffective, because the people who are sending them are not putting any
time or thought in those letters; they are basically following what somebody
told them to do."

Hey, I don't know about you, but I sent the governor at least 10 original
faxed letters, most of which were handwritten, including photos of my
ferrets.  And I put a LOT of thought into them.  Sounds as if he isn't
getting them--hmmmm--seems as if I will have to send MORE.

Handwritten letters are best, but the object is to flood the fax machines of
these 3 people.  Suggestions: Send faxes of photos of your ferrets, too!
Send a copy of Sen.  Dingell's resolution.  MICHIGAN FOLKS--your faxes are
especially important!  And on Monday, everyone please call the governor's
office.  517-335-7858 and 517-373-3400.  They are usually polite and want to
get you off the phone right away.  Be polite in return but let them know we
are not going away!

And finally, thanks to everyone who has pledged for Kodo's media campaign.
We are still happy to accept pledges, and if you need to know where to send
a check, please e-mail me.  Please let us know if you see articles or
anything on tv/radio about Kodo.  If you can give name of paper, tv station
etc.  that would be great.  Sending us a copy would be really great!

We love you Kodo!

Ronnie
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming and Merlin