From:
Reginald Wagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 11:58:59 -0500
I've been wanting to compile a list of military bases that are ferret
friendly, so am reaching out to get posts from any/all of you that are
associated with the military and have ferrets as part of your family
whether living on or off base.

My husband and I had ferrets become a part of our family at the very
first base we were stationed at and were restricted from moving into base
housing because of them.  That base has since changed it's outlook, as
have several other bases now that more is known about these wonderful
furry ones.  Therefore, I want to try to put together a compiled list of
all bases that allow ferrets into the base housing and also those that
don't (and the reason why).  If you haven't ever inquired, usually you
have to contact the base housing office, but sometimes it will go through
the base vet clinic.  (Contact the housing office first).  I've been on
three different bases that have allowed them in base housing; one of
which we had to write to the housing director for "special" permission.

Appreciate everyone's help on this.  Thanks and wish you and all the
fuzzies the best!