From:
"Julie B. Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 12:28:37 -0500
I recently introduced my ferrets to the snow.  Delta loves the stuff; he'll
put his head down in it and start walking foward like a snowplow.  But Epsie
just gets cold and heads for the bushes to get out of the freezing wind.  So
the other night at 2:00 a.m.  during a frigid Michigan cold spell, my
downstairs neighbors and I opened up the window to my balcony, took off the
screen (it's not clear that we'll ever be able to get it back on again), and
scooped big bowls full of snow from the balcony into the bathtub.  Delta and
Epsie had a blast!  Delta went bonkers when I tossed snow on his back, and
Epsie tried eating chunks of ice.  They played for an hour or so and hardly
got cold at all.  :)

Julie and the snow monsters