From:
Brad Laraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:38:37 EDT
> From:    Michelle Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: missing ferret update
> Coffee is home safe and sound, if rather smelly and dirty.

        Great to hear everything turned out okay.  I lost a ferret once for
almost 16 hours.  I know how you felt, and for those of you who have never
had a ferret escape you don't want to find out how this feels.

        The FML has been to long for me to keep up with lately I've just
been looking for medical updates and other important news.  My heart goes
out to all who have lost friends lately.

        To the people who bought the killer ferret from hell from those
idiots at the pet store. My deepest respect goes out to you.  It takes
a very special person to do this. I know, I've done it, twice. The first
was a kit that was going back to the whole saler.  He nipped and turned
out to be a great little guy.  I gave him to the shelter to adopt out.
the 2'nd was Tasha.   People told me I must be crazy, well maybe I am?
Although now I have Tasha the X-bloodletting ferret.  She is now a sweet
and loving ferret.  She sometimes plays to rough for my liking but is
getting better every day.  It took a few months but now I trust her enough
for ferret kisses ect....  Even more important she trusts me.

        Dr. Williams as every one has stated, we appreciate everything you
have done.  You have saved shelters and ferret owners many dollars that
were needed elsewhere.  We wish you the best, and hope you get to publish
all your work soon and regain your life outside of your office.  Give
your guys a hug for me and I wish you and your family the best.  Brevard
Ferret Lovers Rescue wish the best as well.

        Vaccine reactions.  I have never had a problem nor has the shelter.
We give both rabies and Distemper at the same time.  I guess we're lucky,
but out of the 200+ ferrets we've vaccinated 0 reactions.  Other than
the normal ouch what the heck was that.

        Well I hope every one in the US has a safe 4'th of july weekend.
Four days off and nothing worry about.  Well maybe litter boxes.  :-)

        Take care all.

        Brad, and the Gang.