From:
Judith Emery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 11:46:00 -0400
The only thing I've ever heard about this is the advice to bathe an animal
(or human) who gets sprayed by a skunk in Tomatoe Juice.

A month ago (or so) Chloe and I were out for a stroll.  Chloe became very
interested in a certain patch of bush and rolled...and rolled...and rolled.
When I picked her up, I got a noseful of, yep--you guessed it, skunk.
Apparently, some little critter had been busy there not too long before and
Chloe had managed to coat herself from head to toe.  Quite honestly though,
I forgot about the tomatoe thing and just took a shower with her.  After the
shampoo, there was no remnant of the odour.  She smelled about as good as
she usually does after a bath (which is actually pretty good, especially
with the Apple Cream Rinse).

So, does anyone out there know why skunk spray doesn't seem to penetrate
ferret fur the way it does to cats, dogs and any people (skin, not fur here)
who are dumb enough (the people that is) to tangle with a skunk?  Is it the
oil in the fur or what?

Sheena: Glad Tia is doing well.  Give him my love and tell him that Chloe,
John and I are sending out positive thoughts to him.  He sounds like a
fighter.

Bryan Hall: It's amazing where you can find help, isn't it?  Keep up the
fight.  You're a good person and I'm so glad that you've got some heavy
hitters on your side.

PETA Address: My PETA calendar is at work.  I'll post the address when I get
in on Monday.  This is not an endorsement of PETA in any way.

Judith and Chloe