From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 10:03:05 -0700
Hi Michael;

I personally limit fighting to less than 10 minutes, and cage seperately
until it's only an occasional squabble.  I guess I just disagree with those
that think vicious fighting is "normal" or allowable..  As a result all of
my 6 kids are now living together peacefully.  I don't even wait until
there's blood or scabs, I think that's way too far.  I think there's a
difference between rough play & trying to have someone for lunch!

A good help is several small boxes with only one end open so the one being
picked on has a place to defend themselves from.  Sleep sacks are good too,
but a box with small hole allows defense easier.

The process can take from no time at all to several months, or even a year..
Some ferets that never lived with others may never be able to integrate with
other ferrets..  I've had all of the above situations.

The thing to also keep in mind is all of mine are neutered, no whole males
who can do real injury to other males.  Those may never be able to be kept
together.

Take care, have fun:)

 Gary & the gang of fur
Timmy's web site=<http://www.concentric.net/~Gferret/>; He's the ferret
totally healed from "terminal lymphoma" without drugs or surgery. :)
 ICQ#4461104