From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 17:06:40 -0400
Just to coutnerbalance the ferret-as-perpetually-ill image-- Cully went in
for his shots and checkup yesterday, and impressed the vet for being so
healthy.  He's five, and has never had any problems worse than a sniffle.
I had found a lump on his neck some time ago, but it turned out to be an
infected puncture wound.  He also behaved like a perfect gentleman, only
complaining slightly about the indignity of the thermometer, and even held
still while the fur around his lump was shaved (to make it easier for me to
treat).  Heaven knows this ferret deserves a comfy old age-- as the vet
said, he's a regular spring chicken.  So cheer up, all you new and
prospective ferret owners-- they can and do live healthy, long lives!

Regina and
Cully ("hey!  what are you doing with that thing! oh, Nutrical?  ok then")
and Amelia ("hold still and I'll give you another puncture...")