From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 13:40:04 -0400
I had to giggle when I read Maggie Mae's post-- my dad is a camera nut too,
so I periodically get his older equipment.  My methodology is to buy fast
film (1000 or faster, but my ancient light meter doesn't have a setting
above 1000, so faster film means more guesswork for me), put a semi-zoom
lens on my old manual camera, sit at my desk with the desk lamp on, and wait
for a ferret to climb the cage next to the desk.  Soon as one's on the cage
(doesn't take long if I make it look like there's something intriguing going
on at the desk), I point the desk lamp at the ferret, make funny noises to
keep the ferret's attention (doesn't work so well with Amelia, the partly
deaf one), and snap away.  Usually this works out pretty well, though
Melissa, if you check out my website you'll find one picture of Amelia taken
a scant second before my lens received a dollop of ferret snot :)  Ferret
fotography is definitely one of the more challenging branches of the art
form!

Regina and the photogenic phuzzies

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing..."  Peggie Lee