From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:57:58 -0500
Hello FML'ers!

Today was a good day.  Patty, Patti & Kristeen from Metroferret club
(www.metroferret.org) came up to help us out, and deliver 14 fat bags of
wood pellet litter, several bags of food, and some much, much needed
carpet & linoleum samples and bedding.  They also brought along some human
necessities such as BEER, cookies, toilet paper (hee hee, but how did they
know I was on my last roll), and plenty of help cleaning cages.  My long
lost (and too young to be) Italian mommy Patti did my dishes, handed out
treats, filled water bottles and cleaned up the houseferrets litterboxes.
I was so floored by their help and generosity.  Without people like these,
I'd be lost.  They were incredible.  Then, to top it all off, Kristeen took
home one of our existing shelter ferrets, Stanley.  Big stinky Stanley
finally got his Christmas wish, a real, forever home, where I know he will
be spoiled and loved like he deserves.  Thank you all so much.  Oh, and Jen
Hudson?  She should have a day.  She is a saint.  If you need bedding, talk
to her.  Its all well made with love, and stands up to my multiple washings
with too much bleach and too many ferrets digging at it.  And, it benefits
all of these NJ rescues.  Contact her at [log in to unmask] if you're
interested.

Next, I had to run to M & G's Fishpond, a local petstore, to pick up 30#
of Totally Ferret, donated by Tom at Performance Foods.  Thank you so much
Tom, we really appreciate it, and to Mary Ann at M&G's who is a regular
shelter friend and referrer.

Then Lisa and I had to run our regular, everyday errands.  Now, mind you
this is after we've cleaned all the cages, and I've given all the hobs love
and hugs, and we're not smelling our best (unless you like the smell of
cat urine and underarm, which is the closest thing I can compare hob smell
with, for those of you who haven't had the pleasure).  It was a bit of a
joke at the post office, while we were mailing our Ebay packages...
"scratch & sniff"....you pick the stain in either of our sweatshirts, and
try to figure out what it is.  Hob slime?  poo?  regular old ferret stink?
Whatever, the combined bouquet was powerful, and I know we offended people,
but we had to do these things before the day was gone.  We laughed,
because, honestly, what else can you do?  It sure beats crying.

We did both get cleaned up, and then went grocery shopping later tonight.
I bought the kids their weekly pound of roast beef (my ferrets, spoiled?
nahhh...never) and the new kids really enjoyed it.

Thanks again to everyone who has written, called and emailed.  I wish I had
the time to properly thank everyone who has helped, but honestly, its now
almost midnight, and I'm exhausted.  I'm trying to at least send a short
email with a thanks, but if I've forgotten you, please know it is not
intentional.  Tomorrow Lisa and I are heading up north to Anne's to lend
her a hand with cleaning/bathing/whatever we can, so I'll need my rest.

I still have not completed the webpage with the ferrets we have here.
If you'd like to check out what I have managed to get done, they're at
www.kistaferret.com/xmasrescue/newferrets.html
There are also new photos from Anne & Yvonne with their ferrets at the vets
at www.kistaferret.com/xmasrescue ,
getting some much needed care and attention.

Thank you everyone who has helped us give these ferrets everything they
deserve.

 :)

kim
www.kistaferret.com