From:
Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:32:08 -0600
I have tried not to get involved too much on the fml lately due to some
folks needings something destructrive to do in their lives, i.e., flames
for every little typo that goes out here.  But in this case, no matter
what anyone says, I consider myself qualified to make this post....
and yes, it has to do with Matan.

I find it silly that so many adolts (misspelled intentionally, and
including myself) are involved in this controversy of who knows what is
good about and for ferrets.  In 7 years, I have handled, in every kind of
condition, more than 10,000 ferrets.  I have talked to vets all over the
world, including many right here in the U.S., and have formed the opinion,
that even 90% of the vets out there in the U.S. don't have a clue when
it comes to ferrets.  That means that today, in America, there are vets
murdering ferrets out of simple ignorance and greed and too much pride.
Egos that forbid them to consult with others whom they know to be
knowledgeable about ferrets...but they won't.  Fools!  Yes, they are fools
for underestimating us laypersons who understand some things about ferrets
but don't know everything.  It's blatantly out there!  What vet told Petco
that a ferrets diet is various fruits and vegetables, w/o any meat or meat
as a source of protein!  Go look!!!  Don't rush!  It has been posted in
over 800 Petcos in America on every cage they have for years.  Every day,
even ten minutes ago, I hear of bad information being put out by licensed
vets, animal shelter directors and various others in the pet industry.

It's kinda silly in a way that the leading minds in the ferret industry
are at odds with each other over Matan and whats good for ferrets.  He is
probably only 14 yrs old and being like any other kids his age.  Since when
did every 14 yr old do what they are told and when did people of any age
quit saying stupid things.  Heck, I'm 46 and say stupid things all the
time, if for no other reason but to get a rise out of some of my detractors
on the fml.  LOL!!

Now you've heard my main opinion, listen for minute Matan, Aplastic anemia
will kill your jill if you don't get her spayed.  It's long and painful.
Ferrets can communicate with their owners.  Hey!  I'm the Ferretguy, I
should know.  Matan, they will never speak English or Hebrew so it would be
wise not to try and convince anybody of that.  And would the rest of ya'll
lighten up a little!!  Geez, he's just a youngster!  Think of all the
mistakes that we older ferret owners and yes, the shelter operators who
should know it all by now mistakes that we have made, tragic as they can
and have been, and lets argue about something else now ok.???

Pass out the hugs now!
Ferretguy