From:
Duane Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 10:54:30 -0700
When an older ferret leaves, passing away like a whisper on a breaze,
the heartache is bad enough. But when a tragic accident befalls one of
the furrkids it's almost too much to bare. We lost Abby yesterday. She
got a nail caught in her hammock durring the night and panicked and we
believe suffered a heartattack in the process. When we first saw Abby
she was about an inch long at one week old. There was three in the
litter and we got her and her brother, Gandalf, and their sister went
to a friend. Abby would have been five on June 7th. This has reallly
been a bad week here at Littlepaws but I find that the best medicine
for the blues is ferret kisses. This by far the hardest part of running
a ferret shelter.

Thanks for being there, Duane & Linda @ Littlepaws. :~(