From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 19:54:17 -0500
Hi everyone,
Three weeks from now, I will need to transport my ferrets from Pittsfield,
MA to Toledo, OH, where I will be getting a ride back here to WI with my
roommate.  The problem is that my father will have just picked me up in
Toledo two weeks before that, and (understandably) doesn't want to make the
trip twice in two weeks if he doesn't *absolutely* have to.  So my question
is, does anyone know of a means of transportation between Massachusetts and
Ohio that accepts ferrets?  I know the logical thing would be to just leave
the ferrets with someone until I get back, but for one thing i don't know
anyone who would be around at that point and willing to ferret-sit, and for
another I am an overprotective mother and just want them with me.  And yes,
I said "them," plural.... Illura is finally getting a brother!!  Local
rescue finally contacted me, and there's a 1-year-old boy (who's apparently
a big snugglebug) waiting to come home with me!  I'm going to pick him up
this week, as soon as possible so the little guy has *some* time to settle
in with me and Illura here before we're all spirited away to Massachusetts.
Oh, and one more question (sorry this is so long!): Are ferrets normally
relaxed when travelling by car?  I know Illura is, she's made the long trip
before and slept pretty much the whole time but as she's the only ferret
I've had I don't know if this is the norm.

Thanks in advance, again sorry so long!

Rachel, Illura, and new boy, very soon!!